Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pictures and Thoughts

I have now officially been back from Peru for one week. I am very much thankful to be spending time with my family and friends and sharing the things God has done in Peru, but I do miss being there. Just the other day I was sharing with someone about my trip and I started by saying something like "God worked in so many ways and taught me alot." Right away this lady said to me, "He's always working." She didn't say it in a rude way at all, but it was the exact reminder I needed. It's so easy to come back from a great experience - such as a mission trip or camp - and focus all on how God worked there while forgetting that He is still God and is still working here.
For me it's easy to adjust my focus either to the past or to the future instead of dwelling in the present and learning and living how God wants me to obey Him today. As a Christian, my focus should always be on Christ and not on anything else - even if that 'anything else' is a way He worked. Right now I'm back in the States and, yes, God did work in amazing ways in Peru and I will share that with others, but I will also see how He is working today and praise Him for that.
Give thanks to God for all He has done, is doing, and will continue to do!
Shirley Anne

P.S. I hope you enjoy these pictures. :)
A typical village house


Our boat (on the right)



A man sifting through the rice

Me separating the chaff from the rice

A village boy with soda

One of the little girls from a village

Typical "rush hour" in Iquitos

Overhead view of the Andes Mountain Range

Fishing boats outside of Lima

No comments:

Post a Comment