Friday, November 18, 2011

God Answers Prayer

I am officially back in the United States. I arrived home early Wednesday afternoon after travelling for many, many hours. Anyway, the trip itself went by very smoothly, and I have one story I'd like to share with you.
On Tuesday morning after flying from Iquitos to Lima, Miss Carol (the wife in my host family) asked if we could pray before she had to leave back to Iquitos and I to the States. After she left, I had another 8.5 hours layover before my flight. With this in mind, we prayed and she specifically prayed that God would bring a Christian or group of Christians I could spend my time with.
God answered this prayer more completely than anyone ever expected. As I was in line to check my bags Tuesday evening, I started talking with the people behind me. It turns out that they were just returning from a mission trip as well. As we talked more, one of the women just said to me, "If you'd like you can tag along with our group until we arrive in Miami in the morning." Our flight was the same, so I took them up on this offer. As we continued to talk and pass time, one of the ladies said after awhile, "I'm so thankful you came along with our group. If it were my daughter I'd want her to be with someone as well." At that point I shared with her that their group was actually an answer to our prayers. She told this to the whole group and we all praised God for how good He is all the time.
One more thing, God already had answered our prayer completely, but He is a God who works beyond what we can plan and expect. We were sitting waiting to board our plane and I started talking with one of the team members whom hadn't really met yet. I was telling her about my trip and about all God had done when she asked me if I knew what mission organization my host family was with. I told her and she told me that it was the same organization her daughter was with as a missionary in Ecuador. Through talking some more we realized that we knew some of the same people.
I spent over 14 hours with these people whom God provided. We were able to have some really great conversations about how God works and it was great to spend my time with some Godly brothers and sisters. I stand in awe of how God provides and answers prayer!

I'll upload some pictures and more updates soon, but for now please take some time and thank God for always being God. He takes care of us in more ways than we even know. He never abandons or leaves us. Thank and praise Him for His wisdom and grace.
Shirley Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment